Entrepreneur Jack Ma’s Guide to Success
Jack Ma is co-founder of Alibaba and one of the most successful businessmen worldwide. In 1999, Jack Ma co-founded what would become the world’s largest trading giant, Alibaba.
Twenty years later, he still has a spring in his way, and a number of tips to pass on to young global entrepreneurs.
Use Klaviyo to turn hard-earned customer data into hard-working emails and texts.
Try the platform that 265,000 brands use to grow their business.
Here are some of the best quotes from his talk:
- “Of course I was scared and had doubts when I started with Alibaba. But I believed that someone, if not us, would win. There are no experts from tomorrow, only from yesterday.”
- “In business, never worry about competition, never worry about pressure. If you worry about the pressure, don’t be a businessman… If you create value, there are opportunities. Today everyone cares. That means it is a great opportunity.”
- “Your first job is the most important. Not necessarily a company that has a big name, but you should find a good boss who can teach you how to be human, how to do things right, and stay there. A promise: I will stay there for three years.”
- “How can we teach children to be more creative and to do things that machines cannot do? Machines have chips, but human beings have hearts … Education must move in this direction.”
- “What keeps Jack Ma awake at night? “Nothing! If I don’t sleep well, the problem will still be there. If I sleep, I have a better chance of fighting it.”
- “ To manage smart people, you must use culture, the value system, they believe what they do. If you just want to use the rules, the laws and the documents to control, this is how you control stupid people.”
- “When I hire people, I hire people who are smarter than me. People who four or five years later could be my boss. I like positive people who never give up.”
This post was proofread by Grammarly. Try it – It’s Free!
Millions trust Grammarly’s free writing app to make their online writing clear and effective. Getting started is simple
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.