Entrepreneurship means starting a new business project from scratch that satisfies a market need and generates a return on investment
All companies have a vocation to solve something that we need in particular. Entrepreneurship starts there. The true entrepreneur, the pure, the born, is in constant search, in order to identify a need that the market has and that has not yet been satisfied or, at least, not fully.
In my professional career I have come across businesses that fail because they do things that they like to do or that are easy to produce … but, the question is, does the market require it? In this sense, the first thing we have to ask ourselves is: what are we going to solve? And from there, we can come up with ideas based on needs that no one has solved, including creating market phenomena. For example, it occurred to someone that the “stick” was a necessity, he generated the product and became a millionaire.
But, what is the profile of an entrepreneur?
- He’s a leader. The Leader is the one who knows where he is going and where he wants to go. He has a built vision and begins to form a work team to accompany him so that together they can get to that place. Therefore, leadership is an essential condition for an entrepreneur to achieve what he has set out to do.
- Invest in yourself. The entrepreneur is a fully trained person since everyone who undertakes must be, at least initially, in charge of sales, taking care of the operation, managing the financial statement and legal aspects, training their teamwork, etc. The entrepreneur has to know, at least in the basics, about all the topics, and then create the necessary functions. All this implies an investment in itself.
- He is disciplined. Since the boss is oneself, it is very easy to focus on what one likes, but an entrepreneur has to know tasks at a comprehensive level and have a lot of self-discipline. You must be very attentive to everything that happens around you.
- Plan. We start from the basis that everything requires a double creation. The first is mental and the second is physical, so for a business that is a physical creation to run or crystallize, there must be a mental creation and that mental creation is the planning that the entrepreneur must do together with the closest people to him, to ensure and answer questions such as where I want to go or where I want to be, where I want to place my business. And the shortest way to get there is planning.
- You are motivated. He must always be finding the strength to do things, even if the entrepreneur has to do things whether or not he is motivated. It’s about doing things, even if you don’t feel like it. In this sense, motivation is a luxury. If we have to do it and we also want to do it…, how good! It is important to work on a self-motivation that comes from oneself; a pressure that comes from within to execute what one has to do, because the business depends on those small decisions.
- You care about your team. This becomes especially important when the organization begins to grow. Today many of the problems that organizations ranging from small to medium face are that they cannot retain talent and they do not retain it due to the lack of expertise of leaders, precisely, to develop talent.
- Capitalize on failure. Decisions are often made with caution, which implies a bit of fear, but it is not advisable to be reckless since fear is a tool that keeps us alert, so we must make decisions with fear, but with aplomb, assuming the risks and implications. Part of our growth as entrepreneurs is based on having made a mistake, but having known how to capitalize on that mistake. Errors do not always lead to failure, there are errors that lead us to successful contexts or, simply, to realize that this path is not the correct one.
Executive Interview3 months ago
How Challane Lazo Started A 5 Figure Online Store During The Pandemic
Magazine2 months ago
Interview with Fashion Model Taylor Byron Barr
Executive Interview2 months ago
How Umesh Bhalerao Develop A $10K/Month Lead Generation & SEO Agency
Executive Interview2 months ago
Meet Fabrice Sopoglian, The Godfather of French Reality TV!